1. Love can easily be distinguished from emotions like affection, respect, and lust.
2. All love has a physical component.
3. Pheromones are
scents that attract a mate.
accepted by all researchers.
more powerful than human will.
4. Which of these is not one of the components of love listed here?
all of these were mentioned
5. Lao Tzu said that loving deeply gives one what?
6. Which comparison is better although still very incomplete?
burning passion and true love
sexual heat and true love
escape from loneliness and true love
caring for a child and true love
possessiveness and true love
7. In Sonnet XLIII Elizabeth Barrett Browning
tries to count the ways she loves.
describes her love's beauty.
describes her love's faults.
tries to count the things she likes about her love.
recalls the pain and anger in true love.
8. In Sonnet XVIII Shakespeare
demonstrated what his love was like.
compared his lover to historic loves.
found fault with comparisons of his love.
found fault with his love.
said his love was peachy keen.
9. What did Serge and Bacchus do to become saints?
They got killed.
They loved one another through death.
They were military heroes.
They were theologians who studied love.
10. How did the boys on the baseball team become heroes?
winning the game with grace
changing the rules in order to lose
losing the game without bitterness
cheating at the game but then confessing
enforcing the rules even when inconvenient
previous pageSpirituality of Pain
Copyright © 1999-2013. Stuart D. Smith. All rights reserved.
Site designed and maintained by Stu Smith.